The first step to a long lasting wardrobe is to be intentional with how you care for your items. Here are the best tips for keeping all our materials looking their best.
- Cotton batik can only be washed in cold or warm water, NEVER IN HOT WATER.
- Be prepared for the batik to lose a little colour during the first few washes. Please WASH SEPARATELY from other items.
- Always wash the batik BY HAND or on a GENTLE CYCLE in your washing machine.
- Batik should NEVER BE TUMBLE DRIED. Please hang-dry in the shade and iron lightly with steam afterwards.
- When washing for the first time, it is recommended that you add a tablespoon of ordinary salt to the water and soak it for a maximum of 5 minutes before rinsing under running water. This will help to set the colours and extend the life of batik.
- AVOID PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT in order to prevent fading.
- Read the care label for the garment, and FOLLOW AS INSTRUCTED.
- MACHINE WASHING COLD, using the gentle cycle, is appropriate for most of our products. For best results, place the garments inside a mesh bag when using the washer.
- HANG-DRY is preferable to tumble-try.
- STEAM to remove wrinkles and rejuvenate your garment. If you don’t have a steamer handy, use an iron set to the “steam” setting.
- If you must touch up the garment with an iron, use a warm iron only with the garment inside out. Too much direct heat may scorch the fabric.